1. Aghazadeh, A. (2003). Comparative education. Tehran: Samt Organization (in Persian).
2. American University of Beirut (2018). Policy and procedures for tenure and promotion evaluation of tenure eligible faculty members. Retrieved December 27, 2018, from https://aub.policytech.eu/dotNet/ documents/?docid=1548&public=true
3. Beasley, B.W., & Wright, S.M. (2003). Looking forward to promotion. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 18(9), 705-710.
4. Beasley, B.W., Wright, S.M., Cofrancesco, J., Babbott, S.F., Thomas, P.A., & Bass, E.B. (1997). Promotion criteria for clinician-educators in the United States and Canada: A survey of promotion committee chairpersons. Jama, 278(9), 723-728.
5. Carnegie Mellon University (2018). Faculty appointment and tenure handbook. Retrieved August 9, 2018, from https://www.cmu.edu/cfa/ faculty-and-staff/assets/cfa-faculty-appointment-and-tenure-handbook-2016-v1.pdf
6. Comprehensive scientific map of the country (2011). (in Persian).
7. Fang, D., Moy, E., Colburn, L., & Hurley, J. (2000). Racial and ethnic disparities in faculty promotion in academic medicine. Jama, 284(9), 1085-1092.
8. Fath Abadi, J. (2015). Faculty members of Tehran Universities attitude to cultural activities of professors based on article 1 of the promotion regulation. Journal of Iranian Cultural Research, 2 (7) 97-116 (in Persian).
9. Fumasoli, T., Goastellec, G., & Kehm, B. M. (Eds.). (2015). Academic work and careers in Europe: Trends, challenges, perspectives (Vol. 12). Switzerland: Springer.
10. Ghazi Nouri, S., Ghazi Nouri, S. (2015). An introduction to the policy making of science, technology and innovation. Tehran: Tarbiat Modares University Press (in Persian).
11. Harvard University (2018). FAS Appointment and Promotion Handbook. Retrieved November 27, 2018, from: https://academic-appointments.fas.harvard.edu/appointment-parameters
12. Hearn, J.C., & Anderson, M.S. (2002). Conflict in academic departments: An analysis of disputes over faculty promotion and tenure. Research in Higher Education, 43(5), 503-529.
13. Jingning, Z. (2013). Promotion criteria, faculty experiences and perceptions: A qualitative study at a key university in China. International Journal of Educational Development, 33(2), 185-195.
14. Johns Hopkins University (2018). Appointment and promotion procedures for tenure track faculty. Retrieved September 2, 2018, from https://academiccouncil.jhu.edu/appointments-promotions/
15. Khatiban, M., Pazargadi, M., & Ashk Torab, T. (2014). A comparative study of the performance evaluation systems of academic members of different universities based on the diagnostic model: A qualitative content analysis. Quarterly Journal of Yazd Medical Sciences Education Development Studies Center, 1 (11) 23 - 34 (in Persian).
16. King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (2018). Faculty promotion regulations and guidelines. Retrieved November 13, 2018, from http://staff.kfupm.edu.sa/RECTOR/shomaail/faculty_promotion/ images/FacProm-Handbook.pdf
17. King Saud University (2018). promotion criteria, policy and procedures. Retrieved October 10, 2018, from https://sciences.ksu.edu.sa/sites/ sciences. ksu.edu.sa/files/imce_images/promotion_polciy_1.pdf
18. Lebanese American University (2018). Faculty hand book. Retrieved October 5, 2018, from facultysenate.lau.edu.lb/documents/faculty-handbook-2015-2016.pdf
19. Middle East Technical University (2018). Promotion criteria for associate professorship and full professorship. Retrieved October 11, 2018, from http://pdb.metu.edu.tr/tr/criteria-promotion-and-appointment
20. Mohammadi Doustdar, H., & Mirhosseini, S. (2010). A comparative study of the promotion criteria of faculty members in higher education. Journal of Science & Technology Policy, 3 (1) 71 - 83 (in Persian).
21. Mohammadi Doustdar, H., & Mirhosseini, S. (2014). Policies and processes for promotion of faculty members in selected universities of the world. Science and Technology Policy Letters, 4 (2) 55- 70 (in Persian).
22. New York University (2018). Appointment, reappointment, promotion, and performance assessment. Retrieved August 18, 2018, from https://www.nyu.edu/about/policies-guidelines-compliance/policies-and-guidelines/promotion-and-tenure-guidelines.html
23. Parker, J. (2008). Comparing research and teaching in university promotion criteria. Higher Education Quarterly, 62(3), 237-251.
24. Perna, L.W. (2001). Sex and race differences in faculty tenure and promotion. Research in Higher Education, 42(5), 541-567
25. Pourfard, M., Bahonar, M., Baharifard, H., & Sadeghi, M. (2012). Investigation and pathology of faculty promotion regulation. Tehran: Vice – Presidency for Science and Technology (in Persian).
26. Technical University of Munich (2018). Evaluation & promotion in the university's faculty recruitment and career system. Retrieved September 11, 2018, from: https://www.tum.de/en/about-tum/working-at-tum/faculty-recruiting/evaluation-promotion/
27. The University of Manchester (2018). Academic: Teaching and research. Retrieved September 23, 2018, from https://www.staffnet.manchester. ac.uk/human-resources/atoz/guidance/
28. University of Berkeley California (2018). Guide to faculty advancement and promotion at U.C. Berkeley. Retrieved September 25, 2018, from https://teaching.berkeley.edu/advancement-and-promotion
29. University of British Columbia (2018). Guide to reappointment, promotion and tenure procedures at UBC Retrieved September 6, 2018, from http://www.hr.ubc.ca/faculty-relations/ tenure-promotion-reappointment-confirmation/tenure-promotion-reappointment-for-faculty-members/
30. University of Malaya (2018). Promotion for academic staff. Retrieved October 3, 2018, from https://www.um.edu.my/docs/default-source/about-um_document/career/staff-benefits/local-staff/career-development_promotion.pdf
31. University of Maryland (2018). Appointment, evaluation and promotion criteria for university of Maryland Extension. Retrieved October20, 2018, from https://extension.umd.edu/sites/ extension.umd.edu/files/_ images/programs/faculty-staff/UME%20PTK%20Promotion %20 Policy %20Final%20-%206-29-18.pdf
32. Wolcott, L.L. (1997). Tenure, promotion, and distance education: Examining the culture of faculty rewards. American Journal of Distance Education, 11(2), 3-18.
33. Youn, T.I., & Price, T.M. (2009). Learning from the experience of others: The evolution of faculty tenure and promotion rules in comprehensive institutions. The Journal of Higher Education, 80(2), 204-237.
34. Zakersalehi, Gh. (2018). A comparative study of academic structure and management: A case study of board of trustees. Quarterly Journal of Iranian Higher Education, 3 (8) 79-110 (in Persian).