1. Adib Hajbagheri, M., Parvizi, S. & Salsali, M. (2010). Qualitative research methods. Tehran: Medical Sciences Publishing Center (in Persian).
2. Baars, G.J.A., & Arnold, I.J.M. (2015). Early identification and characterization of students drop out in the first year at university. Journal College Student Retention, 16(1), 95-109.
3. Badeleeh, M.T., Hosseini, A.H., Charkazi, A., Jafari, S.Y., & Bakhsha, F. (2013). The relationship between student’s study skills and academic achievement. Iranian Journal of Medical Education, 13(1), 66-71 (in Persian).
4. Balzer Carr, B., & London, R.A. (2019). The role of learning support services in university students’ educational outcomes. Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory & Practice, 21(1), 78-104.
5. Belloc, F., Maruotti, A., & Petrella, L. (2011). How individual characteristics affect university students drop-out: A semi parametric mixed-effects model for an Italian case study. Journal of Applied Statistics, 38(10), 2225-2239.
6. Bennett, R. (2003). Determinants of undergraduate student dropout rates in a university business studies department. Journal of Further and Higher Education, 27(2), 123-141.
7. Berlach, R. (2003). The relationship between intelligence, student behaviour and academic performance. Educational Research, 13(1), 1-12.
8. Biabanghard, A. (2001). Methods of preventing academic failure. Tehran: Parents and Educators Association (in Persian).
9. Changyzi Ashtyani, S., Shamsi, S., & Mohammadbigi, A. (2009). Frequency of educational decline and some effective factors of student’s opinion in Arak University of Medical Sciences 2009. Arak Medical University Journal, 12(4), 24-33 (in Persian).
10. Charles, L.K. (1956). A study of the student drop-out problem at Indiana University. The Journal of Educational Research, 49(5), 357-364.
11. Chireshe, R., Shumba, A., Mudhovozi, P., & Denhere, C. (2009). University students' attributions towards academic success or failure. South African Journal of Higher Education, 23(5), 865-876.
12. Creswell, J.W., & Plano Clark, V.L. (2011). Designing and conducting mixed methods research (J. Saraiee & A.R. Kiamanesh, Trans.). Tehran: Aeezh. (Original Work Published 2007).
13. Dadfar, R., Bazdar, F., Nasrollahi, A., Abdolhosaini, A., & Ahmadi, V. (2013). Evaluating familial factors associated with academic failure in first grade female and male students of high schools. Scientific Journal of Ilam University of Medical Sciences, 21(6), 224-231 (in Persian).
14. Daghagheleh, R., Abafat, H., & Jafari, S.F. (2014). Effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral therapy on improving academic performance among students with academic failure at Ahvaz University of Medical Sciences. Quarterly Journal of the Center for the Study and Development of Medical Education, 5(4), 383-389 (in Persian).
15. Dehbozorgi, G. (2003). A survey on dropout risk factors among medical students, Shiraz Medical University, 1999. Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences, 2, 74-78 (in Persian).
16. Delaram, M., Aein, F., & Fouroozandeh, N. (2012). The effective factors on dropout in students of Shahrekord University of Medical Sciences. Hormozgan Medical Journal, 16(2), 163-172 (in Persian).
17. Ebrahim Kafoori, K., Maleki, H., & Khosravi Babadi, A.A. (2015). The study of the influence of Klein’s curriculum components on the 1st grade of high school students Math course drop out: Considering the viewpoint of the curriculum counterparts. Research in Curriculum Planning, 12(17), 50-62 (in Persian).
18. Ebrahimi, N., Sabaghiyan, Z., & Abolghasemi, M. (2011). Investigating relationship of hope and academic success of college students. Quarterly Journal Research and Planning in Higher Education, 17(2), 1-16 (in Persian).
19. Fattahi, A., Shokrallahzadeh Haghi, M., Nairi, Sh., Milani, Sh., & Jamshidian Tehrani, M. (1998). A study of the frequency of conditional students of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services in the academic year of 1996-2007 and its relationship with their diploma grade point average. Vice Chancellor for Research Affairs of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services (in Persian).
20. Ghadmapour, E., Mirzaeifar, D., & Sabzian, S. (2014). Investigating the relationship between academic conflict and academic failure in male and female students in the first year of high school in Isfahan. Educational Psychology, 10(34), 233-247 (in Persian).
21. Ghasemi, F., Hasanvand, Sh., & Valizadeh, F. (2014). Frequency of academic failure and its associated factors from the viewpoint of students with and without academic failure in the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, Khoramabad. Nursing Education, 3(1), 71-79 (in Persian).
22. Ghourbanpour, A., Talebi, G.A., & Taghipour, M. (2016). Relationship between self-esteem and academic progress in physiotherapy students at Babol University of medical sciences. Biannual Medical Education,4(2), 34-39 (in Persian).
23. Haghdoost, A.A., Ansari, R., & Changiz, T. (2015). Relationship between individual and social characteristics of Medical Students of Iran and Academic Failure: Systematic review. Journal of Medical Education Development Center, 12(4), 470-485 (in Persian).
24. Hansen, M., & Mendzheritskaya, J. (2017). How university lecturers’ display of emotion affects students’ emotions, failure attributions, and behavioral tendencies in Germany, Russia, and the United States. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 48(5), 734-753.
25. Hazaveh, S.M.M., Fathi, Y., & Shamshiri, M. (2005). Investigation of some conditional causes from the point of view of students of Hamadan University of Medical Sciences in the academic year 2001-2002. Journal of the Center for the Study and Development of Medical Education,3(1), 33-42 (in Persian).
26. Hosseini Largani, M. (2017). Analysis of student's academic burnout in Iran's public higher education system: Identification of determinants and strategies. Quarterly Journal Research and Planning in Higher Education, 23(3), 43-69 (in Persian).
27. Hosseini Shirvani, M., Hajikhanian, S., & Hajikhanian, S. (2015). The relationship between the use of computer games and the educational status of female high school students in Babol. Information and Communication Technology in Educational Sciences, 5(3), 123-137 (in Persian).
28. Janzade, A. (2010). Investigating the factors affecting the academic decline of students in public universities: An analysis of the cases of the special cases commission and the opinions of student deputies. Iranian Higher Education, 3(3), 138-162 (in Persian)
29. Javanbakht, F. (2014). Investigating the causes of academic failure in students of technical and vocational fields. The Growth of Technical and Vocational Education and its Efficiency, 10(2), 31-39 (in Persian).
30. Jebraeily, M., Mosavei Vaezi, S.J., Mikaeili, P., Sadatian, R., & Aghlmand, S. (2011). Evaluating the influencing factors of educational underachievement in gifted and talented students of Urmia University of Medical Sciences. Horizons of Medical Education Development, 4(3), 21-25 (in Persian).
31. Jia, P., & Maloney, T. (2015). Using predictive modelling to identify students at risk of poor university out comes. High Educational, 70, 127-149.
32. Karami, Sh., & Zarafshani, K. (2011). Survey on causes of educational dropout and ways of reducing it from the students’ viewpoint agricultural promotion and training, faculty of agriculture, Razi University. Higher Education Letter, 4(14), 105-121 (in Persian).
33. Keramati, M., & Emadian, S.O. (2016). The relationship between moral development, SMS addiction and dropout rates amongst students. Information and Communication Technology in Educational Sciences, 6(4), 111-126 (in Persian).
34. Khan, Y.A., Ahamad, Z., & Kousar, S. (2013). Factors influencing academic failure of university students. International Journal of Educational Administration and Policy Studies, 5(5), 79-84.
35. Kuh-e Nasrabadi, M., Navabipoor, M., Ganji, M., & Safavid, S.M. (2013). Explaining the role of organizational factors in students' academic failure and ways to control and reduce it (Case study: Kashan University). Organizational Culture Management, 11(3), 141-168 (in Persian).
36. Loloie, M., Haghdoost, A., Bazrafshan, A., Okhovati, M., Mokhtari, A. M., & Zare, M. (2016). Factors affecting undergraduate students’ academic failure in Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Iran; A case-control study. Journal of Medical Education Development Center, 13(5), 505-514 (in Persian).
37. Mahdion, Z., Khatony, A., Abdi, A., & Jafary, F. (2016). Assessment of academic failure rate and related factors from the perspective of nursing students of school of the nursing and midwifery faculty, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, in the first semester of 2011-2012. Journal of Nursing Education, 5(5), 1-8 (in Persian).
38. Maher, F. (2003). Lack of academic achievement, a forgotten concept. Youth Studies, 1(3-4).
39. Moayeri, M.T. (1991). Educational issues. Tehran: Amirkabir Publications (in Persian).
40. Mogharab, M., Ebrahim Abadi, A., & Salehi, M. (2008). Pathology school students drop. Scientific Quarterly of the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, Birjand University of Medical Sciences, 5(1-4) (in Persian).
41. Moniri, R., Ghalebtarash, H., & Mussavi, G.A. (2006). The reasons of educational failure among paramedical students in Kashan University of Medical Sciences. Iranian Journal of Medical Education, 6(1), 135-140 (in Persian).
42. Nazari, R., & Sharifnia, S.H. (2010). Investigating the causes of Nursing student drop out. Babol University of Medical Sciences.12(1), 90-94 (in Persian).
43. Pearson, S.B., Newcomb, M.D., Abbott, R.D., Hill, K.G., Catalano, R.C., & Hawkins, J.D. (2000). Predictors of early high school dropout: A test of five theories. Journal of Educational Psychology, 92(3), 568-582.
44. Piri, M., & Mahmoodi Bardzardi, S. (2015). Dropout explanation according to the views of teacher’s council and its documents in Izeh city. Educational Innovations, 14(55), 87-112 (in Persian).
45. Rahbar, M. (2007). Investigating the causes of academic failure of non-language students in English language course. Educational Research, 2(10), 63-86 (in Persian).
46. Rahimi Pordanjani, S., Heshmati, H., & Moghaddam, Z. (2014). Survey the frequency and risk factors in the academic failure in students that living in dorms of Golestan University of Medical Sciences & Health Sciences in Year 2011-2012. Scientific Quarterly of Torbat Heydariyeh University of Medical Sciences. 2(1), 16-28 (in Persian).
47. Rahimi, B., Kazemi, N., Mohammadpour, Y., Rahmatnejad, L., & Jabbari, N. (2013). Evaluation of the factors affecting students academic failure in Urmia University of Medical Sciences in 1390. The Journal of Urmia Nursing and Midwifery Faculty, 11(8), 614-621 (in Persian).
48. Raoufi, M., Sedaghat, K., Hanaei, J., Khodadadi, Kh., Nazari, M., Pozesh, Sh. & Asgari, A.R. (2007). Individual-familial factors affecting the academic failure of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences students in the academic year of 2004-2005. Medical Journal of Tabriz University of Medical Science & Health Service, 29(4), 113-115 (in Persian).
49. Respondek, L., Seufert, T., Stupnisky, R., & Nett, U.E. (2017). Perceived academic control and academic emotions predict undergraduate university student success: Examining effects on dropout intention and achievement. Frontiers in psychology, 8, 243.
50. Saif, A.A. (2015). Modern educational psychology: Learning and education psychology (Seventh Edition). Tehran: Doran Publications (in Persian).
51. Saif, A.A. (1992). Educational psychology (psychology of learning and education). Tehran: Aghah (in Persian).
52. Salimi, T., Shahbazi, L., & Mir Hasani, S.H., Ahmadieh, M.H., Karimi, H., & Dehghanpour M.H. (2006). A survey students opinion about effective factors for academic dropout in Shahid Sadoughi Yazd University of Medical Sciences. The Journal of Medical Education & Development Center, 2(1), 15-23 (in Persian).
53. Salsabili, N., & Ghasemi, N. (2004). Factors affecting academic failure: A review of internal and external factors. Education and Training, 83, 25-59 (in Persian).
54. Seyedmajidi, M., Babaie, N., Adyani, S.M., & Bijani, A. (2015). Assessment of individual factors affecting on academic achievement of dental students of Babol University of Medical Sciences. Biannual Medical Education, 4(1), 36-43 (in Persian).
55. Shakeriniya, I. (bita). Academic decline, learned helplessness. Therapeutic Considerations, 137-145 (in Persian).
56. Shekarkan, H., Pooladi, M.A., & Haghighi, J. (2000). Investigating the important factors of academic failure in boys' high schools in Ahvaz. Journal of Educational Sciences and Psychology, Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, 3(3-4), 103-114 (in Persian).
57. Tamannaifar, M., Niazi, M., & Amini, M. (2007). Factors influencing students' underachievement. Two scientific-research monthly magazines of Shahed University, 14(24), 39-52 (in Persian).
58. Tamannaifar, M.R., Sedighi Arfai, F., & Salami Mohammadabadi, F. (2010). Correlation between emotional intelligence, self-concept and self-esteem with academic achievement. Quarterly Journal Research and Planning in Higher Education, 56, 99-113 (in Persian).
59. Zarei, J., Azizi, A., & Kazemi, A. (2013). A survey of factors affecting on decreased desire to continue education on undergraduate students in Ahvaz Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences. Journal of Medical Education Development, 7(15), 63-86 (in Persian).
60. Zulu, C. (2008). An exploratory study of first-year students at a historically black university campus in South Africa: Their academic experiences, success and failure. Africa Education Review, 5(1), 30-47.