1. Abdel-Maksoud, A., Dugdale, D., & Luther, R. (2005). Non-financial performance measurement in manufacturing companies. The British Accounting Review, 37(3), 261-297.
2. Andersen, T. J. (2000). Strategic planning, autonomous actions and corporate performance. Long Range Planning, 33(2), 184-200.
3. Andrews, M. M. (1990). Strategic planning: Preparing for twenty-first century. Journal of Professional Nursing,6(2), 103-112.
4. Ang, J., & Smedema, A. (2011). Financial flexibility: Do firms prepare for recession?. Journal of Corporate Finance, 17(3), 774-787.
5. Ansoff, H. I., Avner, J., Brandenburg, R. G., Portner, F. E., & Radosevich, R. (1970). Does planning pay? The effect of planning on success of acquisitions in American firms. Long Range Planning, 3(2), 2-7.
6. Arslan, O., Florackis, C., & Ozkan, A. (2010). Financial flexibility, corporate investment and performance. Retrieved June 12, 2011 from www. papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1234682 or www.efmaefm.org/0EFMAMEETINGS/.../2011-Braga/papers/0466.pdf.
7. Bancel, F., & Mittoo, U. R. (2011). Financial flexibility and the impact of the global financial crisis. International Journal of Managerial Finance, (2), 179-216.
8. Booker, D. M., Heitger, D. L., & Schultz, T. D. (2010). The effect of causal knowledge on individuals perceptions of nonfinancial performance measures in profit prediction. Journal of Advances in Accounting, 27(1), 90-98.
9. Boyd, B. K., & Reuning-Elliott, E. (1998). A measurement model of strategic planning. Journal of Strategic Management, 19, 181-192.
10. Bracker, J. Y. S., & Pearson, J. N. (1986). Planning and financial performance of small, mature firms. Strategic Management Journal, 7(6), 503-522.
11. Burt, D. N. (1978). Planning and performance in Australian retailing. Long Range Planning, 2(3), 62-66.
12. Burton, R. M. B. H., Eriksen, B. H., Hakonsson, D. D., Knudsen, T., & Snow, C. C. (2008). Designing organizations: 21ST century approaches. Published By Springer Science + Business Media.
13. Byerlee, D., & Echeverría, R. G. (2002). Agricultural research policy in an era of privatization. New York, Published by CABI Publishing.
14. Chen, A., & Kasikitwiwat, P. (2011). Modeling capacity flexibility of transportation networks. Transportation Research Part A, 105-117.
15. Chen, H. Y., Ho, J. C., & Kocaoglu, D.F. (2009). A strategic technology planning framework: A case of Taiwan’s semiconductor foundry industry. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 56(1), 4-15.
16. Clark, B. R., & Neave, G. R (1992). The encyclopedia of higher education. New York, Published by Pergamon Press.
17. Clarke, G. (1997). Reassessing resource allocation strategies in higher education: Methods for analysis. International Journal of Educational Management,11( 6), 286- 292.
18. Conway, T., Mackay, S., & Yorke, D. (1994). Strategic planning in higher education: Who are the customers?. International Journal of Educational Management, 8( 6), 29-36.
19. Coram, P. J., Mock, T. J., & Monroe, G. S. (2011). Financial analysts’ evaluation of enhanced disclosure of non-financial performance indicators, The British Accounting Review, 43(2), 87-101.
20. De Toni, A., & Tonchia, S. (2005). Definitions and linkages between operational and strategic flexibilities (OMEGA). The International Journal of Management Science, 33(6), 525-540.
21. Eapen, G. (2010). Flexibility: Flexible companies for the uncertain world. Published by Taylor and Francis Group.
22. Eastlack, J., & McDonald, P. (1970). CEO’s role in corporate growth. Harvard Business Review, 48(3), 150-163.
23. Evans, J. S. (1991). Strategic flexibility for high technology maneuvers: A conceptual framework. Journal of Management Studies, 28(1), 69-89.
24. Falshaw, J. R., Glaister, K. W., & Tatoglu, E.(2006). Evidence on formal strategic planning and company performance. Management Decision, 44(1), 9-30.
25. Farhadi, M., Rashidi, M., & Asili, G. (2005). Performance management model and its new challenges on the Iranian R&D. Quarterly Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education, 10 (4), 151-174(in Persian).
26. Feletto, E., Wilson, L. K., Roberts, A. S., & Benrimoj, S. I. (2011). Measuring organizational flexibility in community pharmacy: Building the capacity to implement cognitive pharmaceutical services. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy, 7(1),27-38.
27. Firooz Abadi, H., & Aghamohammad, D. (2009). Strategic planning in higher education emphasis on education in universities of armed forces officer. Strategic Defense Studies, No. 36, Spring and Summer, P.1(in Persian).
28. Fredrickson, J. W. (1984). The comprehensiveness of strategic decision processes: Extension, observations, future directions. Academy of Management Journal, 27(3), 445-466.
29. Fredrickson, J. W., & Mitchell, T. R.(1984). Strategic decision processes: Comprehensiveness and performance in an industry with an unstable environment. Academy of Management Journal, 27(2), 399-423.
30. Fullerton, R. R., & Wempe, W. F. (2009). Lean manufacturing, non-financial performance measures, and financial performance. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 29(3), 214-240
31. Gamba, A., & Triantis, A. (2008). The value of financial flexibility. Journal of Finance, 63(5), 2263-2296.
32. Grecho, A. S. (2008). Determining criteria and indicators for success in higher education programs focused on environmental sustainability. Unpublished dissertation. North Carolina State University.
33. Grinyer, P. H., & Norburn, D. (1975). Planning for existing markets: Perceptions of executives and financial performance. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, 138(1), 70-97.
34. Guth, W. D. (1972). The growth and profitability of the firm: A managerial explanation. Journal of Business Policy, 2(3), 31-36.
35. Hajipour, B., & Soltani, M.(2008) . Research strategic planning in universities and higher education institutions; Case Study: Imam Sadiq University (A.S). Strategic Management Thought, 2(1),183-224(in Persian).
36. Hayhoe, R. (1989). China\'s universities and the open door. Published by M. E. Sharpe.
37. Hayward, F. M., Ncayiyana, D. J., & Johnson, J. E. (2003). A guide to strategic planning for African higher education institutions. Published by Centre for Higher Education Transformation (CHET).
38. Heeks, R. (2002). Reinventing government in the information age: International practice in IT-enabled public sector reform. London, Published By Taylor & Francis e-Library.
39. Hisrich, R. D. (2004). Small business solutions: How to fix and prevent the thirteen biggest problems that derail business. McGraw-Hill Professional, Business & Economics.
40. Holdaway, E. A. P., & Meekison, J. (1990). Strategic planning at a Canadian university. Long Range Planning, 23(4), 104 - 113.
41. Honey, M. (2004). Flexible learning for postgraduate nurses: A basis for planning. Nurse Education Today, 24, 319–325.
42. Hood, H. (1991). A public management for all seasons?. Journal of Public Administration, 69(1),3-19.
43. Hoque, Z. (2005). Linking environmental uncertainty to non-financial performance measures and performance: a research note. The British Accounting Review, 37(4), 471-481.
44. Javdani, H. (2009). Globalization and higher education: A gap between theory and action-new strategies for development of Iranian higher education system. Quarterly Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education. 15 (3), 107-130(in Persian).
45. Julie, F.B., & Wentz, M. (2006). Beyond Baldridge: What the first institution of higher education to receive the Malcolm Baldrige. National Quality Award has learned in the five years, University Business. Retrieved from http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Baldridge-institution-education-University.
46. Kallman, E. A., & Shapiro, H. J. (1978). The motor freight industry: A case against planning. Long Range Planning, 11(1), 81-86.
47. Kazan, H., Ozer, G., & Tansel Cetin, A. (2006). Insights from research the effect of manufacturing strategies on financial performance. Journal of Measuring Business Excellence, 10(1), 14-26.
48. Khan, B. H. (2007). Flexible learning in an information society. London, Information Science Publishing (an imprint of Idea Group Inc).
49. Klein, H. E. (1981). The impact of planning on growth and profit. Journal of Bank Research, 12(2), 105-109.
50. Kohan, A., Shabani Varaki, B., & Rahimnia, F.(2009). Epistemological belief and strategic planning in higher education. Quarterly Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education, 15 (1), 27-50(in Persian).
51. Kriemadis, A. (1997). Strategic planning in higher education athletic departments. International Journal of Educational Management, 11( 6), 238- 247.
52. Kudla, R. J. (1980). The effects of strategic planning on common stock returns. Academy of Management Journal, 23(1), 5-20.
53. Leontiades, M., & Tezel, A. (1980). Planning perceptions and planning results. Strategic Management Journal, 1(1), 65-75.
54. Lerner, A. L. (1999). A strategic planning primer for higher education. Retrieved March 20, 2011 from http://www.sonoma.edu/aa/planning/Strategic_Planning_Primer.pdf.
55. Lopez-Cabrales, A., Valle, R., & Galan, J. L. (2011). Employment relationships as drivers of firm flexibility and learning. Journal of Personnel Review, 40(5), 625-642.
56. Malik, D. W. (1975). Long range planning and organizational performance. Long Range Planning, 8(6), 60-64.
57. Mehregan, M., & Dehghan Nayeri, M. (2009). A model on strategic evaluation of higher education institutions. Quarterly Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education. 15 (2), 55-79 (in Persian).
58. Mintzberg, H.(1994). The fall and Rise of Strategic Planning. Harvard Business Review, 107-114.
59. Nelson, K. M., Nelson, H. J., & Ghods, M. (1997). Technology flexibility: Conceptualization and validation and measurement. Paper Presented at 30th International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii, Vol. 3.
60. Obeng, K., & Ugboro, I. (2008). Effective strategic planning in public transit systems. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 44(3), 420-439.
61. Oriani, R., & Sobrero, M. (2002). Assessing the market valuation of firms’ technological knowledge: A real options perspective. Paper Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Denver, August, 9-13.
62. Pearce, J. A. II., Freeman, E. B., & Robinson, R. B. Jr. (1987). The tenuous link between formal strategic planning and financial performance. Academy of Management Review, 12(4), 658-675.
63. Pramod, M., & Garg, S. (2006). Analysis of flexibility requirements under uncertain environments. Journal of Modeling in Management, 1(3), 196-214.
64. Ramanujam, V. N., Venkatraman, V. N., & Camillus, J. C. (1986). Multi-objective assessment of effectiveness of strategic planning. Academy of Management Journal, (29), 347-372.
65. Rhenman, E. (1973). Organization theory for long range planning. New York Published by Wiley.
66. Rhyne, L. C. (1986). The relationship of strategic planning to financial performance. Strategic Management Journal, 7(5), 423-436.
67. Robinson, R. B., & Pearce, J. A. (1983). The impact of formalized strategic planning on financial performance in small organizations. Strategic Management Journal, 4(3), 197-207.
68. Robinson, R. B., & Pearce, J. A. (1988). Planned patterns of strategic behavior and their relationship to business-unit performance. Strategic Management Journal, 9(1), 43-60.
69. Robinson, R. B., Pearce, J. A., Vozikis, G. S., & Mescon, T. S. (1984). The relationship between stage of development and small firm planning and performance. Journal of Small Business Management, 22(2), 45-52.
70. Rudd, J. M., Greenley, G. E., Beatson, A. T., & Lings, I. N. (2008). Strategic planning and performance: Extending the debate. The Journal of Business Research, 61, 99–108.
71. Rue, L. W., & Fulmer, R. M. (1974).The practice and profitability of long-range planning. Managerial Planning, 22(6), 1-7.
72. Rue, L.W., & Fulmer, R. M. (1973). Is long-range planning profitable? Proceedings of the Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA, 66-73.
73. Sapp, R. W., & Seiler, R. E. (1981). The relationship between long-range planning and financial performance of US commercial banks. Managerial Planning, 29, 26-32.
74. Sirat, M. B. (2010). Strategic planning directions of Malaysia’s higher education: University autonomy In the midst of political uncertainties. The International Journal of Higher Education and Educational Planning, 59(4),461-473.
75. Sohn, M. H., You, T., Lee, S. L., & Lee, H. (2003). Corporate strategies, environmental forces, and performance measures: A weighting decision support system using the k-nearest neighbor technique. Expert System with Application, 25(3), 279-292.
76. Suarez, F. F., Cusumano, A. M., & Fine, H. C. (1991). Flexibility and performance: A literature critique and strategic framework. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management in its series Working papers with number, 3291-3298.
77. Tsiakkiros, A., & Pashiardis, P. (2002). Strategic planning and education: The case of Cyprus. International Journal of Education Management, 16(1), 6-17.
78. Van Meel, R.M. (1997). How to augment effectiveness and flexibility by curriculum development in Agricultural Higher Education. The Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension, 4(3),151-161.
79. Verdu´, A. J., & Go´mez-Gras, J. M. (2009). Measuring the organizational responsiveness through managerial flexibility. Journal of Organizational Change Management, 22(6), 668-690.
80. Welch, J. B. (1984). Strategic planning could improve your share price. Long Range Planning, 17(2), 144-147.
81. Weyseh, S. M., & Nab, M. (2007). The proposed model for Iran\'s strategy in higher education (public sector), Second International Conference on Strategic Management, Retrieved from http://www.ensani.ir/fa/content/61447/default.aspx(in Persian).
82. Whitehead, D. D., & Gup, E. B. (1985). Bank and thrift profitability: Does strategic planning really pay? Economic Review, 70, 14-25.
83. Yazdanpanah, A.A., & Ehsani, A. (2010). Model for performance evaluation indicators of higher education in the process of strategic planning, scientific. Quarterly Journal of Research in Human Resources Management,2, 1 (in Persian).
84. Zakersalehi G. (2009). The survey of research situation in Iran and suggestion for research policies and goals of fifth development plan. Quarterly Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education,15 (3), 51-78(in Persian).
85. Zhou, M. (2011). Advances in education and management. International Symposium, Dalian, China, Proceedings, Part 4, Published By Springer.