1. Ahanchian, M. (2013). University bureaucracy: Issues and challenges. Quarterly Journal of the Iranian Higher Education Association, 5(4), 1-22 [in Persian].
2. Ajzen, I.)1985(. From intentions to actions: A theory of planned behavior. In Action-control: From cognition to behavior. Edited by J. Kuhl and J. Beckman, Heidelberg, Germany: Springer, 11-39. [DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-69746-3_2
3. Akbarzadeh, K., & Maleki, S. (2018). Students of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences satisfaction with the educational and welfare services of the university. Journal of Sociological Studies, 11(40), 23-43 [in Persian].
4. Alavi Shad, A. (2020). The role of the culture of democratization of the university management system for quality higher education. Journal of Higher Education, 11(3), 13-24 [in Persian].
5. Alexander, A., & Manolchev, C. (2020). The future of university or universities of the future: A paradox for uncertain times. International Journal of Educational Management, 34)7(, 1143-1153. [DOI:10.1108/IJEM-01-2020-0018
6. Blanc, D.Le. (2020). E-participation: A quick overview of recent qualitative trends. United Nations: Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
7. Bowden, J.L.H., Tickle, L., & Naumann, K. (2019). The four pillars of tertiary student engagement and success: A holistic measurement approach. Studies in Higher Education, 45(9),1-18.
8. Colini, S. (2020). What is the meaning and purpose of the university?. Translators: Arya and Behiraei, Tehran: Research Institute for Cultural and Social Studies Press [in Persian].
9. Cook, K.S., Cheshire, C., Rice, E.R.W., & Nakagawa, S. (2013). Social exchange theory. New York: US: Springer Press. [DOI:10.1007/978-94-007-6772-0_3
10. Croucher, G., & Lacy, W. (2020). Perspectives of Australian higher education leadership: Convergent or divergent views and implications for the future?. Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 42(4), 516-529. [DOI:10.1080/1360080X.2020.1783594
11. Etemadifard, M. (2017). University from the perspective of students, first edition. Tehran, Iran: Research Institute for Cultural and Social Studies Press [in Persian].
12. Farasatkhah, M., & Maniei, R. (2014). Factors affecting the participation of faculty members in higher education policy and university planning. Quarterly Journal of Research and Planning in Higher Education, 20)4(, 29-53 [in Persian].
13. Hagger, M.S. (2019). The reasoned action approach and the theories of reasoned action and planned behavior. UK: Oxford University Press. [DOI:10.1093/obo/9780199828340-0240
14. Harrison, N. (2020). Patterns of participation in higher education for care-experienced students in England: why has there not been more progress?. Journal of Studies in Higher Education, 45(9), 1986-2000. [DOI:10.1080/03075079.2019.1582014
15. Huntington, S.P., & Nelson, J.M. (1978). Political participation in developing countries. American Political Science Review, 72(2), 735-736. [DOI:10.2307/1954204
16. Jahangiri, J. (1917). Sociological explanation of the relationship between political hope and social indifference. Social Studies and Research in Iran, 7(1), 127-150 [in Persian].
17. Keshtkar, M., & Hatami, H. (2015). Conceptual model of organized popular participation to achieve the strength of the internal structure of the power of the system. Journal of Basij Strategic Studies, 18(69), 39-67 [in Persian].
18. Kouba, K. (2018). Determinants of student participation in higher education governance: The case of student turnout in Academic Senate Elections in Czechia. Journal of Higher Education, 76(2), 67-84. [DOI:10.1007/s10734-017-0194-1
19. Kumaraswamy, S. (2019). Promotion of students participation and academic achievement in large classes: An action research report. International Journal of Instruction, 12(2), 370-382. [DOI:10.29333/iji.2019.12224a
20. Lozano, J. (2019). Bridging the divide: Exploring the connections between student governments and higher education governing boards. Studies in Higher Education, 45(9), 1878-1891. [DOI:10.1080/03075079.2019.1593351
21. Mercer-Mapstone, L.D., Marquis, E., & McConnell, C. (2018). The 'partnership identity' in higher education: Moving from 'Us' and 'Them' to 'We' in student-staff partnership. Student Engagement in Higher Education Journal, 2(1), 12-29.
22. Miller, W., & Gunnels, K. (2020). Engagement in higher education: Building civil society through campus activism. Innovations in Higher Education Teaching and Learning, 21(1), 163-179. [DOI:10.1108/S2055-364120200000021011
23. Murray, N. (2018). Understanding student participation in the internationalized university: Some issues, Challenges, and Strategies. Education Sciences, 8 (3), 1-10. [DOI:10.3390/educsci8030096
24. Planas, A., Solaer, P., Fullana, J., Pallisera, M., & Vila, M. (2013). Student participation in university governance: The opinions of professors and students. Studies in Higher Education Journal, 38(4), 571-583. [DOI:10.1080/03075079.2011.586996
25. Quick, M. (2020). University and government-nationalization, translators: Arya and Behiraei, first edition. Tehran, Iran: Research Institute for Cultural and Social Studies Press [in Persian].
26. Rehana Hossain, F. (2015). Student participation in university governance: A qualitative study. McGill University Faculty of Education, A Thesis submitted degree of Master of Art in Education.
27. Rezaei, M.J., & Movahedi, M. (2017). Explanation and evaluation of the theory of general choice. Comparative Economics, 4(1), 89-114 [in Persian].
28. Salehi, M., Qaltash, A., & Mortezaei, H. (2013). The Relationship between creativity and participation with empowerment of faculty members. Quarterly Journal of New Approach in Educational Management, 4(3), 99-116 [in Persian].
29. Sattari, A., Yardani, F., & Farazi, A. (2017). A study of Habermas communicative action theory and its implications in higher education and university. Journal of Educational Sciences, 24 (1), 121-150 [in Persian].
30. Tamrat, W. (2019). The exigencies of student participation in university governance: Lip services and bottlenecks. Journal Quality in Higher Education, 26(2), 25-47. [DOI:10.1111/hequ.12235
31. True, M. (2019). Higher education in the leading world. Translators: Arya and Behiraei, First Edition, Tehran, First Edition, Tehran: Research Institute for Cultural and Social Studies Publications.
32. Yinka, I.E. (2014). A comparative study of students' participation in the management of Nigerian Universities. Journal of Education and Training, 1(2),121-131. [DOI:10.5296/jet.v1i2.5576
33. Zhiqiang, W., & Zhang, R. (2019). A study on the mechanisms of American students participation in university governance advances in economics. Journal of Business and Management Research, 82(1), 121-125